Monarflex RAC - Radon Barrier Membrane
Monarflex RAC radon barrier is a high performance, loose-laid membrane developed specifically for use in the foundations of new buildings on contaminated sites where Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), Hydrocarbons (HCs) and landfill gases exist e.g. methane and CO2 (please contact Necoflex for specific application guidance).
Monarflex RAC radon barrier membrane comprises 6 individual layers. These include 4 layers of virgin low density polyethylene (LDPE) film, a 12 x 12mm multi-filament polyester (1670 dtex) reinforcing grid and a 12µm aluminium foil layer. The all-important aluminium layer is what gives RAC its exceptionally high gas resisting properties. It is sandwiched carefully between two layers of polyethylene for extra protection. Monarflex RAC radon barrier membrane should be used in conjunction with Alumite Gas DPC .
Features & Benefits
- Heavy-duty, multi-layer barrier membrane: 0.8mm thick with reinforcement, can handle heavy foot traffic and certain site machinery.
- Suitable for use under heavily reinforced concrete slabs, ground beams and pile-caps where an increased risk of damage exists.
- Exceptional gas resistance properties. Suitable for radon and the range of gases associated with landfill sites.
- High performance moisture vapour barrier.
- Enhances the overall air-tightness performance of a building
||2m x 25m
Product Data and Performance
|Monarflex Extrusion Weld Strength:
|Monobond Tape Strength:
|Moisture Vapour Transmission:
|Water Vapour Resistance:
|Radon Gas Transmittance:
|Radon Gas Permeability:
||<0.001cm3 /hm2 /atm